This is our first time renting, will someone show us how to use and drive the RV?
Yes. We love first time renters and we are excited to help! On your departure day you will get a hands on demonstration of everything your RV has to offer as well as operational and driving tips. Each RV will also have a Renters Guidebook documenting the walk through and step by step instructions to help operate the RV’s systems. 7 days prior to your departure you will also be emailed a copy of the Renters Guidebook. Please look over and familarize yourself with the operation of an RV. No need to print out as each RV will have a copy of the book.
How does insurance work and do you provide Insurance for the RV?
Yes we can provide insurance for every RV rental. By default we will automatically add the cost of insurance to your quote. You can decline and opt-out of this insurance during the reservation check out. By declining insurance you must provide your own insurance by an acceptable Insurance Binder from your personal auto insurer and present this binder to us at least 7 days in advance for verification. If you decline the default insurance, we will send you complete instructions for obtaining a binder from your insurance. Currently we know of the following 6 companies which will provide an acceptable Binder at very little or no cost to you: 21st Century, AAA, Allstate, Farmers, State Farm or USAA. If you are with one of these 6 companies then you can safely decline the default insurance. The following companies cannot provide an acceptable binder and therefore you will need to accept the default insurance cost (Ameriprise, Amica, Fred Loya, Freeway, Hartford, Geico, GMAC, Liberty Mutual, Mercury, Nationwide, Progressive, Traveler or Wawanesa). We are here to help so any questins, just give a call, email or chat feature here on this website.
What are the seatbelt and Infant/Child Carseat Requirements?
You must have one seatbelt for every passenger (adult, child or infant) in the RV. The same seatbelt requirements of a passenger car apply to the RV. You can find the number of seatbelts of each RV in the Vehicle Description section of each individual RV page. In most cases the RV floorplan image will also show seatbelt placement in the RV. All infants and children must be appropiately place in a carseat or booster restraint system. If you will be traveling with a carseat passenger we do recommend only renting a RV with forward facing seatbelts in the rear. Some of the RVs have side facing couches only in the rear which are the least sfae for carseat/booster travel.
Can you delivery and pick up the RV to/from my home or campsite?
Yes we can. We can deliver and pick up a RV or trailer to most local campsites as well as delivery to your house vs you coming to our lot and picking up. Delivery and pick up prices vary by location mileage from our main storage lot in El Cajon and prices can be found during the check out process. For our complete Concierge Service have your RV delivered and fully loaded with everything from Kitchen, Bedding & linens and Outdoor Camping supplies for the ultimate easy camping experience! Delivery and pick up times are the same as if you pick up and drop off yourself at our lot. See Pick up and return time questions below for more details.
Am I renting by the Day or by the night?
RV renting is by the night just like your campground or when you book a hotel room. Your RV will be ready for you between 1-4pm on your first night – just like checking into a hotel room. You need to return it to us the morning after your last night and no later than 11am – just like checking out of your hotel. We do offer early pick up and late return time for an extra fee if available. We cannot offer an early pick up if your RV selected is out on rent the night before your departure as the prior renter would need to return by 11am and the RV would take us 2-3hrs to prep, santize and inspect for your departure. You will find us very flexible on times as long as it doesn’t interfere with another customer’s vacation. In the peak summer months and holiday periods we do sell out and most days are booked so it’s very hard for us to accomodate early pick up and late returns. If you feel you will need the extra time to drive or pack/unpack, it is best to book the appropriate number of night you will need. You will also get the extra miles with extra nights as well which can offset extra mileage costs.
What time can we pick up the RV?
Departure/Delivery times are between 1-4pm Mon-Sat. We are closed on Sundays. Sunday departures may be arranged if personnel are available. If a Sunday departure is possible, the fee for Sunday is $85. Please select your desired time during the reservation process. Plan for up to 45-60 mins for your departure walk through at your pick up /delivery time. If you would like an earlier time, it maybe available, but not guaranteed as your RV maybe out on rent the night before your departure day. Fee for early departure (guaranteed one week out) is $50. We will confirm all departure appointments 1 week prior to your departure date and add the $50 Fee to your reservation if applicable.
What time do I need to return the RV?
Return times are between 9-11am Mon-Sat. We are closed on Sundays. Sunday returns may be arranged if personnel are available. If a Sunday return is possible, the fee for Sunday is $85. Please select your desired time during the reservation process. Plan for up to 15mins for your return walk through. If you would like a later time, it may be available, but not guaranteed as your RV maybe going out on rent that same night. Fee for late return (guaranteed one week out) is $50. We will confirm all return times 1 week prior to your return date or upon departure and add the $50 Fee to your reservation if late return time is available.
When do I need to pay for the reservation and is there a damage deposit?
We do require a $500 ($300 for trailers) or 20% downpayment (which ever is greater) to confirm a reservation. You can inquire by phone or view availability online to see if a particular unit is available for your dates but to fully reserve, block out and confirm the RV for your trip we do require the downpayment amount. We can put a hold on an RV for your trip for up to 48 hrs without payment – please call for this options as this cannot be done online. The balance due on your reservation is charged out 14 days prior to your trip. Any additional last minute incidentals or rentals add-on requests will be charged at the time of request if within 14 days of your departure. Your Refundable Security Damage Deposit will be charged 3 days prior to departure and held on your behalf by the card processor. The refundable security damage deposit is between $500 (trailers) and up to $1500 for an RV but no less than your insurance damage deductible.
What is the cancellation policy?
Our policy is: From the date of reservation and up to 30 days before departure, Adventure KT will refund the down payment amount less a $50 processing fee. If cancelled within 30 days of departure and more than 14 days from departure, 50% of down payment amounts will be refunded. If cancelled within 14 days of departure no refunds will be given as the reservation will now be paid in full. Please allow up to 7 days to process any refund. Our modest cancellation policy keep RVs from being blocked out just in case someone needs them and then cancels if they don’t. This keeps the reservation schedule valid and fair for all our customers.
How old do I have to be to rent a RV and are there any license requirements?
Minimum age to drive is 25. You must possess a valid driver’s license and pass a simple DMV check. International driver’s are welcome with a valid passport, driver’s license from your country and an International Driver’s Permit (available online) if your native license is not in English.
What is the minimum number of nights I can rent?
We have a 3 night minimum during normal (non-peak summer or non-holiday) times. Holiday periods (Thanksgiving week, weeks surrounding Christmas & New Years, Presidents Weekeend) require a 4 night minimum and the peak summer season is a 5 night minimum to pre-reserve. In the peak summer months we will offer shorter (3-4night) reservations closer to the time period within the season if there are any openings. Please call us for short stay pricing options.
How many miles are included with the rental and what are the cost for extra miles?
100 Miles are included for every night booked and paid for at full price. For example a 7 night rental would include 700 miles at no additional costs. Additional miles are charged based on an average mileage driven per day of your trip. Our Online Booking system will calculate out any extra miles charges so you can clearly see all extra costs. The extra mileage rates are calculated using tiered mileage program as outlined in the following example: If you book a 5 night trip you will get 500 miles included in your reservation or an average of 100/miles per day for 5 days. If your total estimate/actual mileage is 1200 miles for the 5 night trip you will average 240 miles for every night booked. The first 100 average miles are included, average mileage 101-140 are billed at $0.39/mile, average mileage 141-200 are biled at $0.59/mile and average mileage 201 and greater are billed at $0.99-$1.49 depending on the vehicle rented. Basically you can double your included mileage for an average of $0.39-$0.59 per extra mile. If you travel over double the included miles, then you would be susceptible to the high 3rd tier rate of $0.99-$1.49/mile for all miles over double the included amount. 95% of all reservations will find their extra mileage rate in the lowest 2 tiers.
Can I tow or use the hitch?
If renter plans on towing anything or using any hitch mounted rack with the motorhome, the renter must contact the Rental department prior to picking up the RV to make arrangements and have the hitch lock removed. Renter must bring their hitch-mounted rack with them or hitch lock will not be removed. If towing, an additional $0.10/mile for total miles driven will be added.
What is the Prep, Clean and Starter Package fee?
All RVs and Trailer rentals come with a mandatory Prep, Clean and Starter Package. This packaged fee gives you the RV exceptionally clean and sanitized and a starter supply set (enough for 5 nights of travel). See supply list question for details in the “Before” section of this FAQ. The fee also covers your propane use up to the supplied amount in the tank. The Propane tank will be at least 50% full for your trip. 100% full is usually enough for a 2 week trip. You do not need to refill the propane tank upon return. It also covers basic cleaning upon return. See the “After” section of this FAQ for more details on your cleaning requirements for return.
Can I bring my pet?
One dog under 35lbs is allowed in most our RVs. There is a $10 pet fee/day. Only one pet is allowed per RV. If your rental is returned with damage, stains, odors or excessive hair due to pets, additional charges may apply. Basically we ask that the pet be invisible upon return for both sight and smell. Many of our customers have allergic reactions to pets and we need to accomodate them as well as our Pet friendly customers. We charge $95 cleaning fees with a one hour minimum per occurrence if needed. A $200 fee will be added if the Pet was not disclosed. Any excess fees will be deducted from security/damage deposit. During the check out process of the reservation you will be notified if the RV is pet friendly or not.
Do the RVs have TV/DVD’s?
All our RVs come with TVs and DVD Players. Please see the vehicle description for exact details or contact us for the specifics of the vehicle your are interested in reserving. Please note that most TVs will require your generator to be on or for you to be hooked up to the camp electrical system. For TV/video watching while enroute we do recommend private view systems such as laptops or iPad devices. We also rent portable Dish Network Satellite systems which can be installed in any RV.
Where can I read all the "fine print"?
Your final contract will have a copy of the full Terms and cConditions of your rental. You can also view here on the FAQ under Rental Terms Section. Your confirmation email will also have the complete Terms available for you to download. Please reach out to us if you have any question regarding your rental or details in the contract. We are here to help.
Before Your Trip
What supplies come with the RV?
RV Supplies Included
- 1 – 25’ Potable Water hose
- 1 – 90 degree elbow for better water hose connection to RV1 – Pressure regulator for water hose connection to water source (use for full hook ups)
- 1 – Pressure regulator for water hose connection to water source (use for full hook ups)
- 1 – 15′ coax TV cable for cable TV hook up
- 1 – 10-15’ Septic Hose with 90 degree elbow and screw in ground fitting
- 1 – 15’ Septic hose riser
- 1 – set of Leveling blocks – enough for 2 wheels
- 1 – enough sanitation gloves for your trip
- 1-8 – Septic drop ins (enough for up to 5 nights)
- 1-6 – Rolls of special RV toilet tissue (enough for up to 5 nights)
- 1 – Spray bottle of Organic Simple Green Counter and Kitchen Spray Cleaner
- 1 – New Kitchen Sponge
- 1 – New roll of Paper towels
- 1 – small bottle of Dish Soap
- 1 – Dish Drying Rack
- 1 – Utensil tray
- 1 – Long Stem Lighter
- 1 – Hand Broom
- 1 – Dust Pan
- 1 – Long Handle Broom (RV’s over 24”+)
- 1 – Propane tank at least at 1/2
We do urge people to rent or purchase an outdoor rug. We rent nice 9×12 outdoor rugs for $15/trip or much less if part of an equipment rental package.
Do you offer RV and Camping Equipment Rentals?
Yes we do. One of our specialties is outfitting trips. We can set your RV up with everything you will need for your RV vacation from RV kitchen and bedding supplies to outdoor camp needs from BBQs, outdoor cookers, lanterns, tents and sleeping bags! You can select an easy grouped package or select individual items to suit your needs. It’s an easy way to travel completely hassle free – just show up with food and clothes and the rest is set. Just return all items, leave them in the RV and walk away. No need to unpack and unload at home after a long drive home! Kitchen & cooking supplies must be returned clean to avoid additional sanitation fee. During your online reservation process, you will have an opportunity to add the supplies you want. Click here to see a full list and description: AddOn Gear
Where can I find specific details of my RV like how much fresh water can it hold?
The Features/Amenities section of each RV’s individual detail page will have all the specifics of the RV including tank sizes and other features such as microwave and gas ovens, outdoors showers, etc.
Are there restrictions on where I can go?
Yes. Travel to Mexico and/or Burining Man is prohibited and will trigger the onboard GPS system and may disable the engine. Desert areas (Death Valley, etc) are not recommended in Summer months as are high elevations, snow country or freezing tempuratures in Winter months. No compensation on any items will be given if traveling to rescricted areas/seasons and items malfunction. Severe heat can also cause serious issues with house A/C components, tires and engine malfunction. Freezing conditions can burst and damage plumbing & tank systems. You are 100% responsible for conditional and locale issues. See Terms for complete details.
Can I take the RV to Burning Man?
No. Any person(s) not disclosing Burning Man travel destination will be held liable for additonal fee up to 3 times the night rate of the RV plus a fee of $45/foot of the RV for added maintenance, cleaning fees , and subject to additional non-disclosure fee of $2000. All reservations out for travel during the dates of the Burning Man Festival will need to sign a Burning Man Disclosure Affidavit before departure. This is a legal affidavit giving us permission to use a tracking GPS device on the RV to enforce the travel restriction and your consent to pay all BurningMan fees based on GPS record. Please call to see affidavit in advance.
Where can I find Campsites?
There are many website and apps which can help you find where to camp and plan your travel. Please let us know if you would like help in this area and we will personally send you some website links and ideas. We have lots of experience in National Park travel so don’t be shy to ask. Our go to website/app to find campground and other RV needs is Allstays.com
What precautions do we need to take if traveling in Hot or Cold climates?
We do not recommend driving the RV in conditions above 105°. Road tempurature could be in excess of 130° and even brand new tires properly inflated can burst and blow. Generator may not run for more than 15 mins and overheat in super hot temps while driving. You are responsible for any damage and tire replacement. Traveling to below freezing temps is not advised as well. Temperatures below freezing can burst plumbing and freeze holding tanks causing them to burst. Please consult with an Adventure KT representative for help and advise in extreme travel conditions.
Do you offer 24/7 Roadside Assistance and what's included and covered?
Yes we offer 24/7 Roadside Assistance through the Coachnet for $15/night of booking. We highly recommend the service. It’s more than just a 24/7 available tech person but also provides a nationwide service for your tires, campsite reservations and more. Here’s the link which outlines the benefits in more detail: Coach-net RV Vacation Care Plan
During Your Trip
What if we have a questions while out on the Road?
First look up if there is a solution or how-to in the the Renter’s Guidebook provided in each RV. If you have internet refer back to our instuctional videos here on the website or our Help Articles in our Blog & Info section of the website. If you cannot find your answer and still need some help, follow the troubleshooting contact guide given to you at departure. The troubleshooting guide will outline calling/texting proceedures so we can be efficient and get your question answered as quickly as possible. Be sure to call or text the number given to you for faster service. If your are trying to resolve an issue or get a questioned answered and it is after hours and your purchased 24/7 Roadside Assistance Plan, please call the Coach-Net Roadside Assistance number given to you at departure as well as emailed.
What if I don’t purchase the 24/7 Roadside Asistance Plan and yet still need help to to change a tire or other roadside situation?
We are still here to help and provide great service but we do sleep and are mostly available during bsuiness hours. If you need roadside assistance, please call/text the number given to you at departure and we would be happy to help out to get you back on the road asap. If you did not purchase the 24/7 Roadside Assistance plan, you are 100% responsible for roadside tire issues and the cost associate with the mobile service company to replace/change the tire. Please see Terms and Conditions for full financial responsibility disclosure of the RV while in your care.
What if I get into an accident or damage the RV (inside or out)?
Your safety is our #1 priority. Call 911 if anyone is hurt and pull off to side of the road as soon as possible and only if it is safe to do so. Once you are in a safe place, document the accident or damage by taking pictures and filing out the Accident/damage form attached to your insurance binder if you provided insurance or the Accident/damage form attached to your insurance card if you purchased insurance through us. Call us immediately to notify us of damages and then please send pictures. If RV is safe to drive and operate, you can continue on with your trip and we will take care of things when you return. It is your responsibility to determine what is safe and what is not when you are out on the road. Please fully read the Terms & Conditions section on Damages for all details including fees, charges, deductibles and your responsibility.
After Your Trip
Do we have to clean the RV upon return?
Yes. We ask that you clean the RV or Trailer in the same visual condition in which you received it on the inside. Our simple rule is if you brought any dirt ion the RV, remove it. If you spilled anything, pick it up. You must remove all trash, food, ice and personal belongs. Please use the supplied broom and cleaners to broom sweep all excess dirt and wipe down all sinks, counters and the refrigerator. Excess dust and dirt will require additional cleaning and extra cleaning fees may apply. Cleaning fees start at one hour rate of $45.
Do you charge for dumping the gray and black tanks when I return?
Yes. You are required to completely empty both gray and black tanks before retuning to our facility, or you can opt for us to do it for you for a fee. On short trips many people prefer to have us do it for them upon return and prepay a $55 dump fee. If not prepaid, and tanks are not completely emptied, a $95 dump and sanitation fee will be deducted from security/damage deposit.
How long will it take to get back my Security Deposit?
At most 7 days from your return but in most cases about 2-3 business days for us to reconcile your actual mileage, generator use, any added costs and to fully inspect the vehicle. Your mileage numbers are compiled from the pictures/videos taken at your departure and upon your return which you will have emailed copies. If any extra charges are due you will get a complete a detailed invoice. If you ever have any questions on your billing or any charges, please call us to discuss. We want you to feel informed with a complete understanding of all charges.
How do I know if I damaged something or was it already that way?
During your departure walk through, you will notice us taking a detailed video and pictures of the RV both inside and out. The images include pictures of all existing damages and belimishes to your RV as well as a picture of the dashboard showing out bound mileage and fuel level. The same will happen when you return the RV. We use a court legal 3rd party service app to record the RVs condition. They will email a complete record with all images and videos to you for your personal records. If you are unsure of a scratch or damage, just refer to the outbound video and you will be able to tell if it was there or not upon departure. Our clients find this 3rd party service record a welcome basis of trust and eliminates any ambiguity. We prefer to be as transparent as possible for you comfort and peace of mind.
A: Reservation, Payments & Security Deposit Terms
- Reservation, Rental Payment and Deposits
- Reservations: Need to be made at least 24 hours prior to the departure date. There is a 3 night minimum during Winter, Fall & Spring seasons. 4 night minimum during holiday periods and a 5 night minimum during peak summer season. Each rental night constitutes one rental day. Seasonal dates vary annually.
- Payments: You will be charged a 20% reservation down payment ($500 minimum on motorhomes and $300 minimum on trailers) on your total estimated trip cost to reserve your vehicle or trailer. Balance of estimated total rental cost is due in full before 14 days before departure. If your total rental cost is below the minimum down payment, then payment in full will be taken at time of confirmed reservation. Rental costs and down payment can be paid by MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Discover, cash, cashiers check/money order, or personal check. If paying by check, the check must be received 3 weeks prior to departure date. Renter’s name must match the name on the credit card being used to pay for the rental. Renter must be present and provide credit card and picture driving identification at time of pick up.
- Deposits: A refundable Security/Damage deposit will be taken 3 days prior to departure. Security/Damage deposits are a minimum of $500 for trailers and a minimum $1500 for Motorhomes and can vary based on vehicle, insurance deductibles or AdventureKT’s discretion. The security deposit can be paid by cash, cashiers check or credit card (credit card must be in renters name). The deposit covers any damage to the rented motorhome or trailer during the rental period, regardless of fault. It also covers additional charges but not limited to fuel, additional mileage, late returns, traffic violations, etc that were not charged prior to departure. The deposit also covers costs we may incur in collecting payment from you or otherwise enforcing our rights under this contract including attorney, legal collection fees and our time ($95/hr). Security/Damage Deposit is reconciled within 7 days after return of rental unit if the unit is returned clean, fuel tanks at or above departure level, gray & black water tanks drained and NO DAMAGE. Renter is responsible for all damage done to the vehicle from the time of their departure until return and checked-in by authorized Adventure KT employee. Refund will be in the form of Adventure KT check if paid in cash, cashiers check or refund on credit card if card is used. The deposit may be held until completion of any legal or collection action.
- Cancellation Policy
- From the date of reservation and up to 30 days before departure, Adventure KT will refund the down payment amount less a $50 processing fee. If cancelled within 30 days of departure but more than 14 days from departure, 50% of down payment amounts will be refunded. If cancelled within 14 days of departure no refunds will be given and full reservation amount will be due. Please allow 7 days to process any refund.
- Contract Changes
- If by renter’s sole choice – Renter may change their reservation without penalty from time of reservation to 14 days prior to departure without penalty as long as total cost to change does not alter the reservation by reduction of more than 25% of total cost. If changing by more than 25% standard cancellation policy will be in effect in portion to reduction. Prevailing rental rates will apply to all rescheduled dates. Rescheduled rental dates must be within one year. If the renter cancels rescheduled dates, the renter will forfeit all rental payments and/or deposits.
- Rental Floor Plans
- Adventure KT reserves the right to substitute a unit of equal or greater value should a reserved unit become unavailable though damage, breakdown, theft, scheduling or any circumstances beyond our control. Should a suitable substitute of equal or greater value not be available, our liability is strictly limited to the refunding of applicant’s reservation deposit. Substitutions of equal or greater value are at no additional cost to renter. Should a lesser value floor plan be the only choice (by renter’s choice or Adventure KT availability), our liability will be limited to a refund of the price difference between the unit paid for and unit offered.
- Reservation and signing
- The person named on the Reservation and the Final Contract must have a valid major credit card in their name, present it and their identification and is the only person authorized to sign the rental agreement. If additional drivers have been approved and are listed on the rental contract they may drive the RV, motorhome or trailer off our lot but may not sign the contract.
- We reserve the right to refuse any rental application or reservation.
B: Operational Terms
- Rental Pick Up
- Motorhome/trailer pick up and departure (check out) times are between 1pm – 4pm Monday – Saturday, based on vehicle readiness. No departures on Sunday without prior approval from authorized Adventure KT administrator and subject to additional Sunday fees. The following will be observed and no rentals departures will be accepted on the holidays – New Years Day, President’s Day, Easter Sunday, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
- Please request your desired time during reservation process. Plan for up to 45-60 minutes for your departure walk through. If you would like an earlier time (9am – 12noon), it maybe available, but not guaranteed as your RV maybe out on rent the night before your departure day. Fee for early departure time, if approved available, is $50. We will confirm all departure appointments 1 week prior to your date and add the $50 Fee to your reservation if applicable and early time is available.
- We reserve the right not to assign early departure times, even if available one week out, to make the RV available for rent for the prior days to your departure and rental period. We operated more like a hotel, not a car rental agency.
- Rental Return
- Motorhome/trailer return times (Check-in) are between 9am – 11am (Monday – Saturday). No returns on Sunday without prior approval from authorized Adventure KT administrator and subject to additional Sunday fees. The following days will be observed and no rental returns will be accepted on the holidays – New Years Day, President’s Day, Easter Sunday, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
- Please request your desired time during reservation process. Plan for up to 15-30 mins for your check-in. If you would like a late time (12noon – 3pm), it maybe available, but not guaranteed as your RV maybe out on rented back out that same day. Fee for late return time, if approved and available, is $50. We will confirm all return appointments 1 week prior to your date and add the $50 Fee to your reservation if applicable and late time is approved and available. •
- We reserve the right not to assign late return times, even if available one week out, to make the RV available for rent for the next days after your return and rental period. Please remember that other guests maybe waiting for the vehicle. We operated more like a hotel, not a car rental agency.
- There are absolutely no refunds for early returns. The vehicle remains the responsibility of the renter until an authorized Adventure KT representative has checked the vehicle in.
- The vehicle must be returned clean inside as received and the fuel level must be at or above departure level. If the RV is not returned clean and/or at fuel level below departure level, a $50 per hour cleaning fee will be charged and the fuel will be refilled at a price of $5.25 per gallon of fuel. We bill fuel at ¼ tank increments. The Renter must drop off the rental vehicle him or herself. •
- You must return the RV on the date and time specified in the rental contract. Failure to return on time will incur a $50/hr. fee starting at 12noon on return day. If not returned by 3pm, a full night will be charge. If the late return effects another guest’s departure on the same day, a fee of up to 3 times the nightly rate may be charged.
- Rental Delivery or Pick Up Option
- If you selected to have Adventure KT deliver and pick-up your rental vehicle or trailer, delivery and pick up times and terms are the same at normal terms described in section B, paragraphs 1 and 2.
- Delivery site must be free of shrubs, debris, and the delivery site must be wide enough to allow maneuverability for the driver and slide outs of the vehicle. If you are unsure if the location is suitable for the vehicle being delivered, we can provide a pre-inspection at an additional cost.
- Delivery and Pick up fees include set up and tear down of available on site hook ups if applicable.
- Fuel Use
- No warranties are made regarding fuel tank capacity or fuel mileage.
- All gasoline, diesel or propane refueling during the trip is at Renters expense.
- Upon return fuel (gas or diesel) must be at or above departure level.
- Propane tank level upon return can be at any level with no additional costs. Your propane tank will be at least 1/2 upon departure.
- Maintenance and Breakdown Terms
- Renter is responsible for checking the engine oil, fluids, and coolant levels at each refueling. Renter is responsible for mechanical damage due to negligence in vehicle operation or failure to provide normal on road maintenance.
- In the event the motor home is in breakdown repair for 12 hours or more, through no fault of the customer, our responsibility to the customer is limited to refund of nightly rate or portion thereof.
- Automotive air conditioning, Forced air furnace, Microwave oven, Generator, Refrigerator, House water pump, Aux batteries (defects only), 110v A/C, water heater, toilet, and shower malfunctions are not considered breakdowns and no refund of nightly rates are available for repair to these items. However should any of the items listed fail to operate; an allowance of $10 per day/per item up to maximum of $70 per item will be reimbursed to the renter. The allowance is limited to $300 per vehicle.
- All other items are not covered. These include but not limited to automotive cruise control, interior lights, TVs, DVDs, any audio systems, electric bed or sofas and exterior showers.
- Customer agrees to obtain prior authorization from AdventureKT for all repairs to the motor home, or the renter will be fully liable for all these expenses, and all damages that may result from improper repair or replacements.
- Renter is responsible to change the engine oil and filters if specified by rental agreement in writing or traveling beyond the estimated mileage of the rental contract if the odometer of the vehicle surpasses the maintenance needed mileage sticker on the window of the RV and pointed out during the departure walk through. Renter must provide Adventure KT with the oil change receipts upon their return. Rental must call Adventure KT and notify of pending maintenance required before performing service.
- AdventureKT Inc. is not liable for Renter’s expenses due to unforeseen breakdowns beyond AdventureKT Inc.’s control.
C: Use and Restrictions
- Smoking Policy
- There is a strict No Smoking policy in all of the vehicles. If your rental is returned with any kind of smoke odor, including campfire smoke, an automatic $500 cleaning fee (at minimum) will be taken from Security/damage deposit.
- Towing or using the hitch
- Towing behind the rented Motorhome is available on certain units only. Towing is not permitted behind any trailer. All RVs will have a hitch lock attached to the hitch receptacle. Tampering of hitch lock will void this contract and Renter will be responsible for all ensuing charges including possible confiscation of RV and all applicable fees and contract charges. If towing is allowed, you must call Adventure KT to discuss your towing plans.
- When towing, total gross tow weight must be approved by Adventure KT and subject to $49 fee to rental contract and additional $0.10/mile on total trip. Adventure KT reserves the right to refuse the ability to tow or may requests that Renter bring in their tow rig for approval and weight verification.
- Approval to tow is solely at the discretion of authorized employee of AdventureKT Inc.
- If renter plans on using any hitch mounted rack with the motorhome, the renter must contact AdventureKT prior to picking up the RV to make arrangements and have the hitch lock removed. Renter must bring their hitch-mounted rack with them or hitch lock will not be removed.
- Restricted Use and No Travel Zones
- Travel to Mexico is strictly prohibited.
- Traveling to Burning Man is strictly prohibited. Any person’s not disclosing Burning Man travel destination will be held liable for3 times nightly rates, $45/ft of length of motorhome for cleaning fees, and subject to additional non-disclosure fee of $2000. All vehicles being rented out for travel during the Burning Man Festival times will need to sign Burning Man disclosure affidavit before departure. This affidavit will give AdventureKT Inc. full rights to use the vehicles satellite controlled GPS system to deactivate the RV and disable the engine when within 100 miles of the Burning Man travel zone. Please call to see affidavit in advance or upon request
- Travel is not recommended in the summer months in the desert areas (i.e. Death Valley) or in temperatures above 105° due to overheating, which may cause tire damage, tire failure, engine failure, generator failure and other problems. If a problem occurs, you will be responsible to pay for any damage caused.
- Any gatherings or events, which could pose a danger or damage to the motorhome or Renter.
- Travel on Non-Public roads, unpaved or dirt roads and off-road areas are prohibited and may result if insurance coverage being voided.
- If you are traveling to an elevation of 5,000 feet or more you may encounter troubles with the operation of the generator or propane refrigerator systems. If this occurs, we suggest you hook up to 110 volts to operate the 110-volt appliances. If the generator malfunctions due to elevation, please do not use or try to adjust the generator. No compensation will be made for generator/refrigerator malfunctions if traveling above 5,000 ft.
- During the winter months we do not recommend that you travel to or through snow areas, use snow chains, or travel where the weather is below freezing. Tire chains can damage tires if not properly installed and the holding tanks may freeze and burst. The renter will be responsible to pay for any damages incurred.
- Use Violations
- The following uses of this vehicle are prohibited and constitute a breach of the Rental Contract’s terms
- Operation of the vehicle to transport more persons than the Vehicle has seat belts.
- Operation of the vehicle to transport children without a federally approved child safety restraint or booster seat as required by state law.
- Do not attempt to access the roof or use the ladder. Any evidence of use of roof or access to roof will result in full forfeiture of Security Deposit in addition to any damage incurred. This is for your safety.
- Operation of the motorhome for use associated with any illegal or unsafe purpose or for use in transporting of any illegal substance.
- Any drugs or firearms found in the vehicle will be removed by an appropriate Law enforcement officer.
- Operation of the vehicle by anyone who is not an Authorized Driver, by anyone not licensed to drive, by anyone whose driving license is suspended, or by anyone whose driving license is restricted because of past traffic law violations.
- Operation of the vehicle by Renter or anyone else under the influence of alcohol, prescription or non-prescription drugs.
- Operation of the vehicle by anyone who obtained the vehicle, or extended the rental period by giving us false, fraudulent or misleading information.
- Operation of the vehicle in furtherance of any illegal purpose, or under any circumstances that could be properly charged as a crime other than minor traffic violations.
- Operation of the vehicle in any race or speed contest.
- Operation of the vehicle to teach anyone to drive.
- Operation of the vehicle outside the United States (except to Canada pursuant to pre-authorization, in writing, from AdventureKT Inc.
- Operation of the vehicle when the odometer has been tampered with or disconnected.
- Operation of the vehicle when the vehicle’s fluid levels are low, or it is otherwise reasonable to expect the Renter to know that further operation of the Vehicle would damage it.
- Operation of the vehicle to commit a willful, wanton, reckless or negligent act with the vehicle.
- Renter acknowledges that they forfeit their Security Deposit if any violation of Use and Restrictions (section C) is found.
- The following uses of this vehicle are prohibited and constitute a breach of the Rental Contract’s terms
- Prep, Clean & Starter Package Fee
- All vehicles have a mandatory Prep, Clean & Starter fee. This fee includes vehicle prep and your walk through, basic cleaning upon return, and a starter pack of RV Toilet Paper & Septic Chemicals. Also included is propane use. Tanks will be at ½ or greater upon departure for your use. Fee varies per motorhome between $95 for trailers to $125-$195 for motorhomes.
- Septic Fee
- All vehicles must be have gray and black tanks completely dumped and drained before returning to Adventure KT unless previously arranged for us to do this for you. The dump fee is $95.00 if the RV is returned full and not disclosed. Prepayment of dump fee is $55.00
- Extra Mileage Charges
- 100 Miles are included for every night booked and paid for at full price. For example a 7 night rental would include 700 miles at no additional costs.
- Additional miles are charged based on an average mileage driven per day of your trip. Extra mileage fees are calculated using tiered mileage program as outlined in the following example: If you book a 5 night trip you will get 500 miles included in your reservation or an average of 100/miles per day for 5 days. If your total estimate or actual mileage is 1200 miles for the 5 night trip you will average 240 miles per day of booking. The first 100 averaged miles per day are included, after that – averaged mileage 101-140 are billed at $0.39/mile/day, averaged mileage 141-200 are billed at $0.59/mile/day and averaged mileage 201 and greater are billed at $0.99-$1.49/mile/day depending on the vehicle rented.
- If towing, an additional $0.10/mile for total miles driven will be added. Please consult with Adventure KT about requesting to tow and additional mileage fees.
- Renter is required to estimate total mileage and prepay as part of rental contract any extra mileage. Upon return actual mileage will be calculated and any prepaid extra mileage will be adjusted up or down.
- If Renter traveled less than their estimate a refund of unused mileage will be given. If renter traveled more than estimated mileage then Renter is responsible for additional extra mileage charges based on Rental Contract rates.
- Generator Fees
- 3 hrs. included for every night booked and paid for at full price. $3.50 per hour thereafter.
- Pet Policy & Fees
- One dog under 35lbs is allowed in most our RVs. There is a $10 pet fee/day. Only one pet is allowed per RV.
- If your rental is returned with damage, stains, odors or excessive hair due to pets, additional cleaning charges will apply. Additional cleaning fee is $95/hr. with a one-hour minimum per occurrence if needed.
- A $200 fee will be automatically be added if the Pet was not disclosed.
- Any additional Pet fees may be deducted from security/damage deposit.
- Additional Cleaning Fees
- You are required to return the motorhome in a clean, broom swept condition. All counters, sinks and refrigerator should be wiped down clean. Renter should remove all food, trash and personal belongings. Your Prep, Clean & Starter fee provides for basic re-sanitation of the motorhome upon return.
- If the motorhome is returned and requires additional time necessary beyond normal expectations to clean, and at Adventure KT Inc.’s sole discretion, we may charge an additional basic cleaning fee of $45/hr. needed to return the motorhome back to same condition as renter received upon departure.
- Other Fees
- Other fees may occur and be describe in other sections of the Rental Terms or Rental Contract.
E: Renter's Responsibilities, Requirements, & Insurance
- Responsibility for Damage or Loss
- Renter is responsible for all damage or loss to the vehicle whether at fault or not.
- At AdventureKT Inc.’s sole discretion, Renter is also responsible for loss of use if applicable while vehicle is being repaired for damages and for Diminution of the vehicle’s value caused by damage. The diminution value charge is 2% of the stated value of the motorhome. Stated value can be sent upon request from Renter and is also available on Insurance Binder form if Renter has provided their own insurance.
- Renter is responsible for any Vandalism of the motorhome in any form if a proper Police Report was not taken and sent to AdventureKT Inc.
- Renter must report all accidents and/or damage involving the vehicle to us within 6 hours of the occurrence.
- Renter agrees to pay any damages from accidents from credit sources, payment types or deposits used in this contract, and assume all responsibility to submit accident reports and claims to the proper authorities.
- Renter is responsible for all damage below the bumper and above the windshield, as this may not be covered by insurance.
- Renter is responsible for all missing equipment.
- Renter is also responsible for Loss of Use for return of motorhome by Renter past contract return date/time that results in loss of use with another guest and any other action by the Renter that causes the motorhome unavailable for use. Loss of use is charged at appropriate seasonal nightly rate.
- Renter is responsible for all damage to Motorhomes interior or exterior not caused by incident or accident whether Renter is aware of damage or not. Damage not caused cause by vandalism, incident or accident is the sole responsibility of the Renter.
- Tires and Windshield
- Renter is responsible for all damage or loss caused by tire blowouts, punctures or other road damage. Excluded are damages caused by loss, which occurs in a collision, or comprehensive loss.
- On road tire failure is the renter’s responsibility. Renter is responsible to replace damaged tire with the same type/grade of tire.
- For your own safety DO NOT attempt to change a tire yourself. No tire changing equipment is to be carried in the vehicle.
- If windshield is damaged in any form, the renter needs to have it properly evaluated, if ok to drive they can proceed at their sole discretion and safety.
- Renter is responsible for all windshield damage while the RV is in their possession. Any damage to the windshield will result in full replacement of the windshield for safety concerns of our next guests.
- Adventure KT does not reimburse for tire replacement or windshield replacement.
- Administrative fees due to damages
- Adventure KT administrative fee for any damage claims are as follows and pursuant to California Civil Code 1936(b)(6):
- All damage claims under $100 ($0 fee),
- All damage claims $100-$500 ($50 fee),
- All damage claims $501-$1,500 ($100 fee),
- All damage claims over $1500 ($150 fee).
- Insurance for Motor homes and trailers
- Renter understands that AdventureKT Inc. is not an Insurance company.
- Renter is responsible to either provide an acceptable Insurance Binder to fully insure, during the rental period, the motorhome including comprehensive, collision damage and California State minimums for liability insurance with a deductible for no more than $1,000, or purchase insurance through Wheelbase as part of Renter’s reservation process.
- Renter acknowledges that Wheelbase is a 3rd party and acts as a processor of the reservation and insurance provided.
- AdventureKT Inc. reserves the right to not to accept any Renter’s insurance binder it deems as unacceptable at AdventureKT’s sole discretion.
- If purchasing the insurance option through the reservation system, Renter acknowledges the damage deductible of up to $1500.
- Deductible is based on vehicle’s stated value. AdventureKT Inc. will provide the vehicles stated value and deductible and/or complete Insurance details upon request.
- If Renter is renting a towable trailer, Renter is responsible to provide proof of insurance for their tow vehicle (truck) and proof that their coverage and liability extends to the towed trailer. Renter will also need to purchase the insurance through the reservation system in order to be covered for the trailer when or if they unhitch from their tow vehicle or truck.
- No refunds will be given if the renter’s insurance company does not provide binder for coverage and renter wishes to cancel. If you have any questions on insurance, give us a ring as soon as possible and we will be happy to help you sort through this important and necessary part of renting.
- Insurance purchased through the reservation process does not cover vandalism unless accompanied by a Police report.
- Parking/Traffic/Toll Violations
- Renter is responsible for reporting and payment of all parking/traffic/toll violations at rental return. Please notify us of all violations.
- Renter is authorizing Adventure KT to use credit sources, payment types or deposits used in this contract for such violation payments plus a $50/violation processing fee.
- Renter’s Age and Driving Requirements
- Renter and all approved additional drivers must be of at least 25 yrs. of age and pass a basic DMV check.
- If Renter and drivers are of International origin, they must also posses a valid Passport, country of origin driver’s license and posses during the reservation period a valid International Driver’s Permit of their country if origin driver’s license is not stated in English.
F: Acknowledgment, Indemnity and Warranty
- Renter agrees to indemnify us, defend us, and hold us harmless from all claims, liability, costs and attorneys’ fees incurred by us resulting from and arising out of, this rental and your use of the vehicle.
- AdventureKT Inc. makes no warranties, express, implied, or apparent, regarding the vehicle, and no warranty that the vehicle is fit for a particular purpose.
- Renter’s Personal Property
- Renter releases AdventureKT Inc., it’s agents and employees from all claims for loss of, or damage to, your personal property or that of any other person, that we received, handed or stored, or that was left or carried in or on the vehicle or in our offices, whether or not the loss or damage was caused by our negligence or was otherwise our responsibility. Includes vehicles parked on our premises.
- Failure to Return
- Renter agrees to pay all expenses we incur in locating and recovering the vehicle if Renter fails to return it or if we elect to repossess it under the terms of this contract. Including all costs, pre- and post-judgment attorney’s fees, we incur in collecting payment from you or otherwise enforcing our rights under this contract,
- $500, plus $5 per mile for every mile between the renting location and the place where the motor home is returned or abandoned, plus any additional recovery expenses we incur.
- Payment Auto Draft
- Renter understands and authorizes any payments owed to be auto-drafted from the payment method Renter has provided. This includes extra charges, damages, and insurance deductibles.
- No part of these Rental Terms or Rental Contract can be waived or modified except in writing with authorized signatures from AdventureKT Inc.
- If any provision of this Rental Contract is deemed not to apply, is illegal, or is against public policy, the remainder of the Rental Contract’s provisions shall retain their full force and effect.